- 6 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 6 leaves basil cut in thin strips
- Handful of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon of pickled ginger chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) tuna steak
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 Table spoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Mix soy sauce with white wine, sesame oil and garlic and marinade tuna for at least ½ hour. Remove from marinade and press into sesame seeds. Grill on high heat for 1 ½ minutes on each side. Cut into cubes and set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain; set aside.
Mix Vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and crushed red pepper together as a dressing.
Combine noodles, chopped tuna and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to combine with dressing.
Calories: 256 (22% from fat)
Fat: 6.3g (sat 1g,mono 2.6g,poly 2.5g)