I was looking at a recipe for Crock Pot orange chicken to put on the menu this week, when my husband decided he wanted it for dinner that night. I decided to just use my wok instead of a crock. Here is the recipe with my modifications for woking out!
• 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs chopped into strips
• 1/4 cup corn starch
• 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
• 1 red bell pepper cut into bite size chunks
• 1 bunch green onions chopped, separating white pieces (place with red bell pepper) and green pieces to garnish
• 1/4 cup peanut pieces
• 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons ketchup
• 1 Tablespoon sirracha
• 4 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
• 2 Tbl. brown sugar
In a measuring cup, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sirracha and ketchup. Cover the chicken strips in corn starch and shake off the excess.
Start heating wok and pour in half the sesame oil. Brown the chicken. Remove chicken and add the rest of the sesame oil. Add pepper and white parts of onion and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add chicken back in and pour the sauce over and heat until sauce bubbles. Add peanuts and stir in. Garnish with green onions and serve over rice.